Back to changing. Well, the change I’m talking about is neither physical, psychological, social, adolescence (did away with that like 50 years ago) nor what some of you might be thinking about. I'm talking about my relationship with my Creator and my God.
Hardly a week ago I read a blog by a lady, one of my motivators, and she was jotting down a letter to God.... Crazy huh?? But when I got to read the whole of it I was really swayed by her honesty and simplicity in the letter. You would have easily confused it for a letter addressed to a friend, a lover maybe!!. #NoEmotionsInvolved.
It got me thinking of all the great things that God has done for me and in most cases I just brush it off like it never happened, you might be forced to think that it's almost the same as when Sharon or Max hooks me up with a favor.
Talking of Max, this is a character that I bet you will all want to meet after I'm done telling you his stories. In fact I think I should introduce you to all the characters surrounding my life since you will hear a lot about them as we go on. Actually, most of them inspire me a lot and probably I wouldn't be where I am without them. You know what they say "I am because you are and you are because I am". It went something like that, or not; I’ve been out of school for ages. You don’t expect me to remember what every great African writer said, gimme a break!!
Can I ask you a honest question? Don’t you just hate it when God pulls a prank on you? I don’t know about the rest of you but, I do….
Many are times when we, well, I felt like giving up on this journey I walk with God. Take an example with this last scenario. I had really prayed hard for something that I wanted very much. The craving you have for something that you are sure if it is delivered in time you can actually challenge Usain Bolt in his own field because of the over blown energy you feel flowing within you. Yes, that’s the feeling.… Now you are following through ;)
In most cases that’s when God decides to prank you, like my in my case. I came to realize later that he does that to create a strong testimony thus his name being glorified or just to strengthen our faith in him. He made me wait for a very long time that I started to quote the Bible for “Him” reminding him that he is my father and that he owns everything. Therefore, I was entitled to my share as his son…. I love me when mad at God and I know he laughs at it too. Lol…. But, one thing remains for sure, he is never late!! In fact he says it in Habakkuk 2:3 For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay. In 2 Peter 3:9, Ezekiel 12:25 and many more verses I could quote in the Bible.
This waiting game by God has made very many people lose faith and even leave it. I, in many occasions thought of giving up but somewhere down the line I just decide to give it some time. Stupid I would say, how could I doubt God??!!!... This happened for quite some time until I came to know God well. One thing many people get wrong is that there is a difference between living in Christ to get something in return and living in Christ to know him better. If you are like me in those days, you’d better start serving him to know him better because everything else follows in after that.
Did I mention that I got what I wanted?? Yipeee…..(with a deep voice) My God is Goodoooo and he is awesome.
Today’s blog was totally dedicated to give him praise and thanks for everything in my life. As for you who are in struggle like I was, I suggest you start by knowing your God deeply. Never fail to pray even if it is a two minutes prayer (you will be shocked to hear that it works a lot, it has worked for me since I'm very lazy when it comes to prayers. I'm still working on it), seek his face and not his hand i.e his glory and not material things. Seek for his guidance from the Bible and always remember that at his feet is the most high place you can ever be. You are good to go!!
En that's me when I'm not into poetry..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment